One picture say more than a thousand words. Because this in some cases I like to include a lot of images on my project documentations. Generally, these pictures are PrintScreens of consoles and their configurations and diagrams that explain some funcionality.
Benefits when you use pictures instead pure text on project documentations:
- You are sure that all configurations of that screen was documented;
- It’s easy to read and find what configuration you want (if you organize on chapters);
- Is more simple to update the documentation, after change configurations;
- Is more clear that you made the documented configurations;
- Using scripts you can document everything using a read-only console, without “admin” access to controls or configurations;